Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beauty is Audrey


For my introductory post, I decided to use one of the first people that come to my mind when I think of beauty... Audrey Hepburn. Audrey has been on the top of my favorite actresses list ever since I saw "My Fair Lady" as a young girl. To me, she represents a beauty, grace, and elegance that transcends time.




"For attractive lips,
Speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes,
Seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure,
Share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair,
Let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise,
Walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone."

- Audrey Hepburn


No matter what role Audrey took on, she always seemed to have this quality that made me want to sit up straighter and fix a smile on my face. She was just such a lady. I read once that everyone Audrey met and worked with totally fell in love with her. What an awesome trait to have!

Audrey wasn't only beautiful on the outside though... she was even more "loverly" on the inside, being one of the first celebrities to use her status to help those around the world who were less fortunate than her. I picked up the following book several months ago and recommend it if you'd like to strive for Audrey's style and manner:



I dressed up as Audrey a few Halloween's ago... don't think I quite measured up to her elegance:



I do have to brag though... I was excited to come across Audrey's hand prints in front of The Great Movie Ride in Disney World. And much to my surprise, our hands were the same size! : )


I'll finish off with a quote from the book above, "What Would Audrey Do" by Pamela Keogh:

"The way you look on the outside has little to do with true beauty. Don't focus on the externals to the exclusion of who you are on the inside. As Audrey said herself, 'Whenever I hear or read I'm beautiful, I simply don't understand it. I didn't make my career on beauty.' Some of the most compelling men and women of our time (Mother Teresa, Georgia O'Keeffe, Abraham Lincoln, Picasso) never set foot in a beauty parlor, or a gym, their entire lives. And yet they were extraordinary-looking. So again, in the same way that size, or money, has little to do with style, your purely physical exterior has little to do with beauty."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment!? You just made my day :)