Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August Foodie Penpals

The Lean Green Bean
 
Hi Everybody! I'm posting this a little late (imagine that), but last month I participated in my first Foodie Penpals Swap hosted by the lovely Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean.

This month I got a wonderful package from Amanda at Kitchen Kanvas. Everything in the box was wrapped in pretty yellow tissue paper, but my hubby surprised me by cleaning the kitchen and threw all the paper away before I could take a pic... But here's a shot of everything I received:


As you can see, Amanda put cute little notes on everything to let me know why she picked each item.


She lives in Idaho, so you know she had to send something with potatoes! : ) I haven't baked this yet, but I'll be sure and let you know how it turns out when I do.


According to Amanda, these are the cookies served on Delta flights. They are super yummy, and they're dairy free, which is awesome since I still think I've developed a lactose intolerance...



I'm not familiar with Huckleberries of the non-Finn variety, but they apparently grow all over the place where Amanda lives. I tried this spread out on a good ole PB&J, and it was quite tasty. It reminded me of a blackberry jam but a little more tart.


Another potato item... These are candy bars that she put in for Matt. They have milk in them from the chocolate, so I unfortunately can't try them. : (  But Matt said they were good. : )

 
 She included these Crystal Light packs since she saw on here that I made a goal to drink more water. Wasn't that sweet!? : )


The final item was some Mediterranean sea salt. She said she fell in love with it when she lived in France... Jealous!! I can't wait to cook with it. : )

Wasn't that an awesome foodie package!? I think I'm going to really enjoy being a part of this swap each month. Unfortunately, since I waited so late to post this you've already missed the deadline to be a part of September's swap. : ( Sorry... But you can join next month!  Click on the pic at the top of this post for more info. And I'll put a link to sign up when I post about my September goodies. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment!? You just made my day :)