Monday, March 14, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau


Grade: B
Profanity: A handful... including a couple F-bombs
Graphic content (sex, murder,etc.): One sex scene but short w/ no nudity
*** WARNING: THIS REVIEW IS SEMI-SPOILER-ISH ***
I really didn't know what to expect with this movie, but I thought the previews looked pretty good. I had gathered from the previews that there was some sort of agency that went around adjusting people's minds in order to keep them on an appointed life path, and that Matt Damon's character accidentally became aware of this fact and went on the run w/ his girlfriend from the "adjusters."
I assumed the agency was controlled by the government, so I was pretty surprised when it turned out to have more of a spiritual aspect. I won't go into too many details about that, so as to not totally ruin it for you. I will say that it was a pretty interesting concept if you looked at it from a secular point of view. It focused too much on the idea of pure chance in my opinion to be considered a Christian perspective. But looking at it as  strictly fictional, which is the point, as a Christian I wasn't offended or anything...
I thought Emily Blunt, Damon's love interest, did an outstanding job. Not sure if that was really her dancing (think it was) but I loved those scenes. She and Damon had a great connection, which was good since the movie ultimately turned out to be more of a love story than anything else. And as a romantic, I'm always up for a love story. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment!? You just made my day :)