Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beauty is... an award?!

Wow... I was about to do a new post and noticed this "draft" from back in January. Totally forgot about it... sorry Sarah!! Better late than never, right?! ; )

So anyway, I have been given my very 1st blog award. Yay! : ) Thank you so much to Sarah over at Overthinking Mama for this lovely award. Go check her out if you haven't already...







Since this is my very first award, please excuse me if I screw this up... but this is what it says I should do:

1. First thank and link back to the person (s) that gave the Award
2. Answer the 10 survey questions
3. Pass the Award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the Award


So, here goes...

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?


I never really thought about blogging anonymously. I guess it would have it's ups and downs, but I like just being me... : )


2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.


Hmmm... I can definitely be stubborn when I think I'm right. An incident that comes to mind is once when my hubby, a friend of ours, and I were talking about random things, and the question, "What was the first video played on MTV" was asked. Well, I said it was "Video Killed the Radio Star" and they both swore it was some Rod Stewart video. We argued back and forth for a minute but then dropped it. But I thought about it all day, and when we finally got home, the first thing I did was look it up and show Matt that I was right. ; )




3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?


Usually everything I hate about myself... But if I try to stay positive, I see one of God's wonderful creations. : )

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?


Lemonade... or cherry limeade maybe

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?


Usually watch tv or read... maybe go shopping every once in a while
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?


Oh, lots of things... The main one being to become a mommy. : ) I'm working on a 101 in 1001 list, so you can find out even more of my goals when I finish it!

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person or always ditching?


I'd say a mix of the 1st three... definitely not a ditcher. I was a good student! : )  I was also voted Most Original of my Senior class. Woot, woot!! Although I guess that just meant I was the weirdest... Ha, ha!

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?


Hmmm... I guess I'd say the day I got married. I was just so excited and nervous and anxious and happy... just all of these different emotions, all at the same time!

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?


I've always been better at expressing myself through writing than speaking, so I'd say it's easier to share about myself than other people. Plus I'd never want to offend anyone, so I may hold back when discussing other people...

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?


Oh, DEFINITELY read a book... I am soooo not a phone person. Never have been... I think it runs in my family though. We hardly ever call each other, which sucks but is just how it is.

 
Alrighty... it doesn't say to how many people I should forward this award, but Sarah gave it to 4 so I'll do that. And I assume I shouldn't give it back to the person who gave it to me, right? So the award goes to:





I chose these blogs because they always make me smile when I read them... so it's fitting that they should be given the "Life Is Good" award! : ) Go check them out!!!! It's sure to brighten your day.

On another note, I'm just 1 follower away from Giveaway Time! I have a few things already, but I'm thinking of doing a themed giveaway this time. Stay tuned to enter... Hope you have a great evening! : )

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award, and thank you so much for sharing the Blog Love with me!! I feel honored. Great to get to know you a bit better too. I am a book person as well... I just finished a blog post about books which I will put up for the weekend, and I was just reading a book before hopping on my computer to check for new blog comments.

    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading posts like this. It is so fun to get to know more about you:) I can't wait to be a momma either:) Thanks for the award sweetie! You are too kind, oh and congrats on your giveaway it looks like a good one!<3 Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment!? You just made my day :)