Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Rolling Stones Got It Right...

Nope, you can't always get what you want... (That song's totally stuck in my head now. How about yours?)

But in the end, you get what you need, right?? Well.......... My hubby, Matt, has been looking for another job for a little while now, and pickings are slim in Montgomery. So, he'd applied for a few out of town & out of state jobs. A few weeks ago, he got a call back on a job in Nashville, TN, wanting him to do a phone interview in a few days. Well, I got kind of excited at the prospect of moving to Nashville. It's such a cool city... Plus the idea of moving some place new and it just being the two of us seemed sort of adventurous for me. We've both always been surrounded by family, so going where we didn't really know a soul was a little scary but exciting at the same time.

BUT he ended up not getting that job. : (  Matt's trying to get his foot in the door as an officer, and they had another applicant who was already an officer, so... But we had prayed a lot about it, so we knew that God just didn't want us there.

Anyway, that night we were discussing if he should keep applying for out of state jobs, or if we wanted to stay in the Montgomery area. We didn't really come to a conclusion, and as I got up to do something else, I said another little prayer asking for God's guidance. Well, not five minutes later the phone rang, and it was my Dad. He never calls me, so I was a little worried at first, but it turned out that his Admin. Assistant was being transferred to Florida, and he had called to offer me a job... WHAT??!! When he said that I just kind of sat there for a minute, shocked. Hadn't I just been praying about that?? But wait, I wasn't the one looking for a job... Matt was!

I told Dad I'd have to talk to Matt about it and call him back. So I walked back into the living room, still pretty stunned, and told Matt about the job, and Matt's response was, "You know, I really didn't want to leave this area..." (Not sure why he didn't just tell me that in the first place, but...) So he's now excited about the prospect of me working for Dad because A) It's right across the street from Matt's office, B) It's over 20 miles closer to our house than my current job, and C) My paycheck will increase significantly.

So, I'm now excited to tell you that as of next Monday, I will have a brand new job working for my Daddy. : ) I admit I was a little sad at first though, because I totally LOVE working at Southern Apparel... The thought of getting another job had never even crossed my mind during my time here. Yeah, it's way out in the boonies, but the scenery is gorgeous, so that was sort of a plus (minus gas prices). And I love what I do here... I'm not sure what to expect with my new job, but I'm sure I'll grow to love it too. : ).

So we prayed for Matt to get another job, and I end up with one... God definitely has a sense of humor. Matt has a few more applications he's waiting to hear back on, plus an interview next week, so hopefully he'll be getting a new job soon too. But either way, it looks like Alabama is still our home. : )

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a new job. I hope you adjust easily.

    And I can attest to God having a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's wonderful. Congrats on the job and I'm sure it's what God has in mind for you. Plus I'm sure Matt will get another job soon :)

    The coke bottle was actually sent like that! It was awesome. Jason picked it up from the post for me and he came home with this funny smile on his face. Guys don't understand the allure of mail. x

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment!? You just made my day :)