Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weighed-down Wednesday

Wow, I know I wasn't a very consistent blogger before, but I feel like I'm never on here anymore... And I can't tell you the last time I read anyone else's blog. : (  Working 50 hours a week sucks!!! But I shouldn't complain. I have great jobs... and I just don't utilize the free time that I have like I should. But anyway...

Weighing in didn't even cross my mind this morning. It's been a very eventful week so far. I'll start off with exciting news: We put an offer on a house, and they accepted it!! : ) Yayyy!!! So if everything goes smoothly, we'll close around the end of July. I'm so excited! Here's a little sneak peak:


(They're still putting the finishing touches on the house & yard)







And on to other news... Next week, Matt and I our scheduled to chaperone our church's Youth Mission Trip to Benton Harbor, MI. This'll be our 3rd time (always in a different location), and we really love it! We always have so much fun, and it's a truly great experience.

A couple days ago, however, I found out that my last living grandfather has double pneumonia, and it's not looking very good. They're treating him now, but basically are just trying to get him well enough to be able to go home, just so Hospice can take over. : (

He lives back home in South Carolina, which is already 6 hours away. But now I'm worried that I'll get up to Michigan, and something may happen... So I don't know what to do. I've been praying a lot about it... I let our youth director know what's going on to see if any other female leader would be able to go (since I was the only one for our group), just in case.

I don't know... Worrying about Pappy, on top of wondering if I should go on the mission trip, on top of buying a house... It's really weighing down on me. So I would definitely appreciate your prayers through all of this.

Sorry to be such a downer. I hope you all are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment!? You just made my day :)