Monday, February 13, 2012

101 in 1001: Number 56

56. Buy a pair of Toms shoes




Yay, another goal met on my 101 in 1001 list! : )  I have been hearing how awesome and comfortable TOMS shoes are for several months now, so I decided back when I was making my list that I wanted to own a pair. And when I saw these on Gracie's blog, I knew I must have them!!!



TOMS

So adorable, right!? Well, only one store in Montgomery sells TOMS, and when I checked they said they didn't have that style but were getting a big shipment at the beginning of February... So I mustered all my inner strength and waited to see if they got them in. (This was around Jan. 31, which I realize is only 1 or 2 days away, but trust me... it took a LOT of inner strength to not order them online right there on the spot!) The biggest "reason" I gave myself to wait was because I wasn't sure what size I'd need. I usually range between a 9.5 and 10 (yes, I know I have big feet but I am 6 feet tall... if they were tiny I'd probably tip over!)  ; )   And so I waited until the next day and headed to Kinnucan's.

Unfortunately, they did not receive my cute little heart TOMS. I figured I'd try on a pair (or 5) anyway to see what size I'd need, and I ended up really liking another pair. Since my inner strength was so burnt out from the workout it received the previous day, I ended up purchasing these:






On another note, how do you take a cute picture of your foot? Ha, ha... Anyway, I love them! They are definitely very comfortable. I figured they wouldn't be at first while I was breaking them in, but I haven't had any problems with them at all (as far as blisters or anything like that). It almost feels like you don't even have shoes on, which I love! : )



I still plan on getting the cute hearts pair, but as of today Kinnucan's hasn't gotten that design in... so it looks like I'll just have to order them online. No big deal though. I love getting mail, after all!

Are any of you TOMS fans? They are just a tad on the pricey side, but not that bad really... especially when you consider that when you buy a pair, the company donates a pair of new shoes to a child in need. How awesome is that!? So definitely worth the price, in my opinion. : )

Hope you're having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I've never owned Toms, but tried on a pair in NYC. I think I need a 10.5 which who knows if they make them. I'm only 5'10" so your feet are not big at all!!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment!? You just made my day :)