Hello lovelies! I was tagged by Allison of A Few Sprinkles Short of a Sundae. Click on the link to go read her answers too! : )
Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post. (or as many as you like)
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
12 Fun Facts About April:
1. The summer before my 8th grade year, I attended a sort of science camp at Clemson University, and during one of the classes, I stuck my entire arm into a cow's stomach. They had sewn a screw-top onto the side of a cow (not sure why) and they let us take turns sticking our hands in. But they also told us they had placed some silver dollars at the bottom of the cow's stomach, so I went all in! (They had lied, by the way...) It actually wasn't that gross... It was pretty warm, but it just looked like wet grass. (Sorry if I just grossed you out!) ; )
2. I've never done a cartwheel. I've always been tall (and a little awkward) and not very flexible, and I was pretty timid when it came to any form of gymnastics when I was younger. So, I never really tried or cared to try to complete a cartwheel. (That's why it's on my 101 in 1001 list.)
3. I went to a concert several years ago and spent the entire time yelling for them to sing one of my favorite songs of theirs. They never did, which bummed me out until the next day, when I realized it wasn't one of their songs!!! I felt like such a moron... Ha, ha!
4. I was voted "Most Original" out of my senior high school class. I was up for a few different superlatives, but that's the one I wanted, so I was very happy! : )
5. I have what I call "polite" road rage. Bad drivers really aggravate me, but I don't flip them off or anything. I usually smile really big at them (while calling them an idiot to myself... that's not very polite though, is it?)
6. The first time I met a couple of my husband's cousins, we ended up playing a game where each time you won a round, you made up a rule that everyone had to follow. One of my rules was that everyone had to call me Princess April... I must have had a lot of authority in my voice when I made my declaration, because it's been almost 9 years since then and they still call me Princess. (I don't mind at all, of course!)
7. My name is April, my birthday is in April, and my anniversary is in April... and I won a car last April!
8. I still have the little yellow bunny doll that was waiting for me in my crib when I was born. His nose is long gone, but if you wind him up, he still plays a lullaby. : )
9. I would love to open my own gym for women only where the only type of exercise is dancing goofy to loud 80's music.
10. When I was 4 I had two imaginary friends named Ham and Yoo-hoo and an imaginary boyfriend named Frank, who had blonde hair and a mustache.
11. When I'm driving by myself I like to take turns a little faster and make race car noises.
12. I frequently break out into song... sometimes it's a real song, sometimes it's something silly I make up on the spot. But it usually ends when I worry that someone heard me. ; )
Allison's Questions to Me:
1. Who inspires you and why? Anyone who overcomes some big obstacle to reach for his/her dreams inspires me. I guess I just respect their focus and determination.
2. Do you prefer skill games (Risk), chance games (Life), trivia games (Trivial Pursuit) or wordy games (Scrabble)? I love playing all kinds of board games, but if I had to pick a favorite it'd be trivia games.
3. Do you take a daily vitamin? Do you think you should? I purchase vitamins but then forget to take them... I know I need to though!
4. What are your strange habits? I've already discussed a few (race car noises and random singing). Others include bouncing one foot at all times while sitting and frequently making to-do lists that are left lying somewhere around the house undone
5. Do you like your name? Why or why not? Yes, I like my name. Sometimes the jokes get a little old, but "April" reminds me of springtime and flowers, so what's not to love!? ; )
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Everywhere! Italy, England, New Zealand, Australia, France... you name it, I want to go there!
7. Oreos – regular or double stuffed? Either, as long as I can dunk them in milk. Mint oreos are my favorite though!
8. Tell me about your pets. I have one dog at the moment. A 9-year-old shi tzu mix named Chewbacca (Chewy for short). I got him as a puppy right before Matt and I started dating. His parents were my cousin Ashlee's two dogs, Diddle (shi tzu) and Minnie (pekingese/pug mix). He is very smart and very spoiled! : )
9. Do you want (more) children? When Matt and I married, we decided on having (at least) 4 kids. The reasoning behind that was that he wanted 3 boys (to carry on his last name) and I wanted at least 1 girl... Since we've been struggling with infertility though, I'd be happy with just 1! Of course, we'll adopt if it comes to it, and maybe even if it doesn't. But I'm getting hopeful that this is the year we get pregnant!
10. Who is your favorite TV character and why? My new favorite character is Jess on New Girl, because she reminds me so much of myself... At least she reminds me of my inner self. I'm not quite brave enough to share all that craziness with the world! : )
11. What piece of technology can’t you live without (phone, ipad, laptop, etc)? I would say my laptop because you can do just about everything on there... talk to people, watch tv/movies, play games, listen to music, read books, etc.
12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I used to think the perfect place to live would be on the lake, but the older I get, the more I think I'd love living on the ocean... Beautiful sunrises, walking along the shore, falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. Yes please! But I'd want to live on a semi-remote island, not a big tourist area.
1. What would your dream job be?
2. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what 5 things would you want with you? (you can't say a boat, or something like that...)
3. If you could own any car, what would it be?
4. What inspired your blog name?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. What was the last book you read? Do you recommend it?
7. What is one thing on your Bucket List?
8. What era in time do you think you would enjoy living in for a week?
9. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. What was your biggest epic fail moment of 2011?
11. If you could have any super power, what it be and why?
12. If you had $500 of free money to spend on anything, what would you buy?
And here are the blogs I'm tagging:
Letters, She Wrote
Gracie Bella Butterfly
Summer's Laughing Place
Penpal of the Week
not your everyday cinderella
Roots and Wings
Grin & Bear It
Life with Laura
My So-Called Chaos
SuperMom...I think not!
Alright ladies... it's your turn! And even if you're not tagged, I'd love to read your answers so feel free to jump in! : )